Approved Cpcs Npors Plant and Safety Training Centre
Emergency First Aid at Work
This course will cover the following aspects:-
- Assessing the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency The administration of:-
- First aid to a casualty who is unconscious and/or in seizure
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- First aid to a casualty who is wounded or bleeding and/or in shock
- First aid to a casualty who is choking
- Appropriate first aid for minor injuries.
6 Hours (1 Day)
On completion of this course candidates will able to take charge and manage (an incident) in the absence of a fully trained first aider and to co-ordinate with the required emergency services as necessary.
Training Room based (Powerpoint, hand-outs, videos and a written question paper)
Practical (Demonstrations, hands on and an assessment of competence)